International Students

Candidates from outside the European Union who require a student visa to enter the UK should apply for an ATAS certificate not earlier than six months before they apply for a Student Visa. Candidates will also need a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS) number, to include with their Student Visa application. The Graduate Studies Administrator ( will submit an application for a CAS number as soon as the offer of admission is confirmed, and not earlier than six months before the student can apply for a Visa.

International Student Advisory Service

Student visa

Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)


Page Last Updated: 20/08/2013 by Erol Canpunar
© 2013 Department of Biochemistry