A-Z Index of IT Support
This is a guide to printing to the Xerox WorkCentre 5955i copiers on the Lower Ground floor and First floor. Please inform IT Support if, after following the instructions, you do not get the results you expect.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
1 Printing from a Windows PC
1.1 Domain Desktop PCs
As a local admin user, select 'Add Printer' in the 'Devices and Printers' section of Control Panel. Choose 'Add a Network Printer', then select the appropriate device from the list that appears, for example "copier1 on BIOCHSTORE1". Click 'Next' (the printer should be added to your PC) then click 'Finish'.
Selecting "copierlg" or "copier1" will install a PCL5 driver.
Selecting "copierlg PS" or "copier1 PS" will install a PostScript driver.
1.2 All other Windows PCs (all laptops and any other PCs that may print via the Biochemistry VPN)
1. Download and save the driver from here.
2. As a local admin user, double-click the downloaded Setup executable.
3. Agree to the licence.
4. Wait for the list of printers to be populated, then click on your preferred printer ("copierlg" or "copier1"), and click Next.
5. Accept the defaults, unless you know you need PCL rather than PostScript, in which case tick the appropriate boxes. The scanner driver will also attempt to install, but fails at the time of writing (April 2017), regardless of the chosen option.
6. Click "Install" and the selected printer driver(s) should be installed for you.
7. Tick "Set Printer As Default" if you wish to do so, untick "Print A Test Page" (unless you wish to do so), and click Finish.
8. Close the Product Registration window, and click "Exit Registration" if this message appears.
2 Printing from a Macintosh
3 Printing from Linux
A variety of Linux drivers can be found here
Alternatively, and perhaps easier, add the printer using the CUPS printer management system on Linux and manually specify the PPD file for a Xerox WorkCentre 5955i printer. The PPD file is available here
Options for this page: