Timetable for incoming students
One year before you wish to come to Oxford:
- September: Let your local ERASMUS co-ordinator know of your interest to take part in this scheme
- November: your local co-ordinator will inform you whether your application has been successful.
During the exchange year:
- January: Details of possible projects at Oxford will be posted on the Oxford Erasmus web site;
- March: Decide on project preferences and let your co-ordinator know your decision and preference order;
- April: Your co-ordinator will confirm your host Oxford College and project;
- After confirmation, email your host supervisor to make contact and obtain further details about the project, if necessary;
- Make email contact with your reciprocal student coming from Oxford;
- Confirm acceptance and proposed dates with your co-ordinator;
- Inform your co-ordinator about your accommodation arrangements at home during your absence;
- Over summer vacation: Book tickets and read relevant publications.
- Mid-September: Arrive in Oxford host lab and work on project for 12 weeks;
- Early January: Continue on project for further 6 weeks
Return to home. If you need to write a dissertation take all your
results, data etc, home with you, preferably in electronic form, or
email it to yourself. LEAVE ALL ORIGINAL NOTEBOOKS IN YOUR HOST LAB -
photocopy all that you need from them. Carry vital data etc. in hand
luggage on planes.