Equipment Disposal Section
The purpose of this section is to outline the process and procedures of accurate disposal of equipment according to the Electronic and Electrical Equipment Regulations Directive
- In the event of any equipment being disposed of all Biochemistry labelling and tags must be removed. This includes asset/inventory tags to be taken off and handed to the Accounts Office for accurate disposal from the Departmental Inventory list.
- Any equipment which needs disposing is to be accounted for by filling out the Equipment Disposal form (which can be found under this section), and handed in to the Accounts Office.
- Any piece of equipment that requires decontamination should be dealt with before it is left for disposal, and a decontamination form should be filled out and given to David Muller.
- Any equipment that has a refrigeration unit i.e. fridge, freezers, must only be disposed of via the University Safety Office, and forms to be obtained by Steve Curnock.
- Contact the Facilities Manager (David Muller) via email detailing what equipment is to be disposed of, before approval is given to take the piece of equipment for disposal. The current drop off point is the Rex Richards loading bay.
Page Last Updated: 20/10/2017 by John Elder
© 2018 Department of Biochemistry
View Printer-friendly version of this page