1.1 Domain Desktop PCs
As a local admin user, select 'Add Printer' in the 'Devices and Printers' section of Control Panel. Choose 'Add a Network Printer', then select "copier3 on BIOCHSTORE1", which has an Address/Location of "NEW - Level 3". Click 'Next' (the printer should be added to your PC) then click 'Finish'.
1.2 All other PCs (all laptops and any other PCs that may print via the Biochemistry VPN)
1. Download and save the KX driver from here.
2. As a local admin user, run Setup from the folder within the downloaded zip package.
3. Select 'Custom Install'.
4. Select 'KX Driver for Universal Printing' in the Drivers panel, and click the right-arrow to transfer it to the Product to Install panel.
5. Select 'Add custom device', and in the popup window select 'Kyocera TASKalfa 4501i' as the model then click 'Add port...'.
6. In the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard, click 'Next'.
7. Enter the fully qualified printer name in the Printer Name or IP Address field. This will be copier3.bioch.ox.ac.uk Click 'Next'.
8. If the response is that the device could not be found, leave the device type as standard (Generic Network Card). Click 'Next', 'Finish', 'OK'.
9. Select 'KX Driver Extended-functionality printing' in the Drivers panel, click the right-arrow to transfer to the Products to Install panel, then click 'Install'.
10. Click 'Finish' when the installation is complete.