This is a guide to printing to the Xerox WorkCentre 5955i copiers on the Lower Ground floor and First floor. Please inform IT Support if, after following the instructions, you do not get the results you expect.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
1 Printing from a Windows PC
1.1 Domain Desktop PCs
As a local admin user, select 'Add Printer' in the 'Devices and Printers' section of Control Panel. Choose 'Add a Network Printer', then select the appropriate device from the list that appears, for example "copier1 on BIOCHSTORE1". Click 'Next' (the printer should be added to your PC) then click 'Finish'.
Selecting "copierlg" or "copier1" will install a PCL5 driver.
Selecting "copierlg PS" or "copier1 PS" will install a PostScript driver.
1.2 All other Windows PCs (all laptops and any other PCs that may print via the Biochemistry VPN)
1. Download and save the driver from here.
2. As a local admin user, double-click the downloaded Setup executable.
3. Agree to the licence.
4. Wait for the list of printers to be populated, then click on your preferred printer ("copierlg" or "copier1"), and click Next.
5. Accept the defaults, unless you know you need PCL rather than PostScript, in which case tick the appropriate boxes. The scanner driver will also attempt to install, but fails at the time of writing (April 2017), regardless of the chosen option.
6. Click "Install" and the selected printer driver(s) should be installed for you.
7. Tick "Set Printer As Default" if you wish to do so, untick "Print A Test Page" (unless you wish to do so), and click Finish.
8. Close the Product Registration window, and click "Exit Registration" if this message appears.
2 Printing from a Macintosh
Download and save the driver from here.
Double-click the downloaded disk image (opens a window) and double-click the installer "Xerox Print Driver 3.122.1.pkg"
- Follow the instructions, giving the name/password of a valid admin account on your Mac when prompted
You will eventually reach a "Select a Printer" page:
On a registered, wired connection you will automatically see a list of printer choices. Simply select the one you want (e.g. "copierlg") and press continue to reach a final screen giving you the option to print a test page and set the printer as your default.
- On a VPN connection, you will need to click the manual configuration icon, which is the icon on the right at the top of the "Select a Printer" window. Enter the full IP name of the printer in the box which says "<Type IP/DNS Here>" (for example, you may want to enter "copierlg.bioch.ox.ac.uk" to print to copierlg) and press continue to reach a final screen giving you the option to print a test page and set the printer as your default.
- On a registered, wired connection you will automatically see a list of printer choices. Simply select the one you want (e.g. "copierlg") and press continue to reach a final screen giving you the option to print a test page and set the printer as your default.
3 Printing from Linux
A variety of Linux drivers can be found here
Alternatively, and perhaps easier, add the printer using the CUPS printer management system on Linux and manually specify the PPD file for a Xerox WorkCentre 5955i printer. The PPD file is available here
Options for this page: