Research Fellowships offered for sponsorship
Wellcome Trust Sir Henry Dale, MRC CDA, BBSRC David Phillips, CRUK Career Development Fellowship, Royal Society – URF and Dorothy Hodgkin, EPSRC Early Career Fellowship
We invite Expressions of Interest from early career researchers who wish to be sponsored for establishing an independent research group, as an externally funded research fellow. Successful candidates will have an outstanding track record in an area that is aligned to the Department's research interests and fits within its five broad research themes: Cell Biology, Development and Genetics; Chromosomal and RNA Biology; Infection and Disease Processes; Microbiology and Systems Biology; Structural Biology and Molecular Biophysics.
We offer a dynamic and multidisciplinary research environment with state-of-the-art facilities and access to excellent infrastructure and expertise in the wider Oxford area. Fellows benefit from a comprehensive mentoring programme and career support, and have the opportunity to recruit outstanding undergraduates and postgraduates.
Shortlisted candidates will present a seminar, attend an interview, and meet members of the department with common scientific interests. Successful candidates will be provided with support from the Departmental Research Facilitator and appropriate group leaders to assist them in their fellowship application.
The University of Oxford is a member of the Athena SWAN Charter and holds an institutional Bronze Athena SWAN award. The Department of Biochemistry is strongly committed to equality and valuing diversity and we operate a flexible working policy for all staff. The Department holds a departmental Silver Athena award in recognition of its efforts to introduce organisational and cultural practices that promote gender equality and create a better working environment for both men and women.
Committed to equality and valuing diversity.
Expression of Interest should include:
- Brief CV, including a list of your publications
- Outline of your intended research programme (up to two pages)
- Details of how your research fits within the research themes of the Department and why you would like to work in the Department
- Proposed scheme for which you are eligible
- Brief outline of the budgets required for your proposed programme
- Brief description of any unusual requirements for laboratory space and facilities
- Confidential supporting statements from at least two referees who know your research well, to be sent separately
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Informal enquiries welcome)
Other job opportunities: